much as i don't want to be a prescriptivist and be very strict about grammar, i couldn't help but feel bad (and laugh sometimes! hehe, bad!) when i hear people utter grammatically-incorrect sentences. i know for a fact that my grammar needs some help but i know as well that my English is intelligible enough,, hehe...here are some of the ungrammaticalities that really gotme in my months as a teacher of English:
1. you didn't forget to order your friend.. (wow friend, binebenta ka pala)
2. So-so is, I think an English, Konglish, English for Korean. (ano ba tlaga, ate?)
3. I'm going to have a pity, all right? (how nice of you)
4....meaning it's not all the time raining, it's not all the time snowing or it's not all the time windy (so anu nga ang weather?)
5. Water is a liquid. it's not a thing. (really?)
6. I'm the girl and I'm going to say, "why did,, why you did not,, why you didn't arrive last night, why didn't arrive last night..." (relaks lang kasi)
7. Can you please complete? (complete your sentence muna before i complete mine )
8. You mean, is the parking lot is available? (is yes, ma'am)
9. You're a scary cat! (nakakatakot ka daw!)
10. I'm out of the office anymore. (then it's your problem anymore!)
11. They charge for delivery charge? (whatevs!)
12. You're gonna have a nosebleed... I'm starting to nosebleed. Blood is coming out of my nose. (OA, ha!)
13. Don’t they did trick or tricking? (ako ba niloloko mo?)
*** post script: got the title from one of the segments of my favorite showbiz news program, "the buzz" some years ago." too bad it's not part of the show anymore. it was one of the highlights of the show for me back then. i would laugh out loud hearing glaring ungrammaticalities uttered even by my favorite actors/ actresses :p
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment